Wednesday 17 July 2013

Box decoration - Art from waste



Box Decoration - Art from waste



I have decorated waste boxes with marriage invitation cards, and table calendar designs. 

Things required are:-

Table Calendar designs ( I have used 2012 old designs in which it comes Indian Culture paintings )
Glue - Indian Fevicol
Colors of your choice.

It's quite similar to decoupage, but I have did my own style of decoupage box. 

1) First, I have trimmed the designs and borders. Usually table calendar designs are thick, so I just removed a layer, so it becomes a thin sticker like.




2) Pasted the trimmed designs and borders on the box, and applied Glue + water paste as varnish, so it looks like real painting.

3) Applying varnish is optional, but it looks glossy. I haven't applied varnish for this box decoration. 
For Varnish effect , you could view Indian decoupage craft -art from waste


Box decoration - decoupage box

Box decoration - inside

Indian box decoration style

Box decoration another view
Indian box decoration - art from waste

Box Decorated With Waste Invitation Cards

This box done with waste Marriage invitation cards design.  The invitation card is a long one, so I decorated two boxes.
Box decorated with Invitation card ( art from waste)

Box decorated with waste Invitation card designs
Second box - I am novice to quilling, but I did it for the first time.
Box decoration - waste invitation cards
Box decoration - waste invitation cards




No comments:

Post a Comment