Monday 1 April 2013

Popsicle/ Ice-Cream Stick Coasters


I did this Tea Coasters using Popsicle sticks.

Things you'll require is

Sticks - 9 ( I have used 9 for a circle, and if you want short coasters too you could prepare)

Glue

Painting colors of your choice



Popsicle stick coasters

Close view of Popsicle coasters

How to do this:

1) First arrange the sticks vertically on a single horizontal stick.

2) Now draw a circle using any round device or CD or  Jar caps or compass. ( I used my compass, yes the mathematical device)

3) After completing the circle, cut it out , and allow it to dry for an hour or leave it for one day.

Why I am saying these coasters to dry completely for one day is because it would be more stronger and not in a breaking condition or rip apart while painting within few seconds.

4) Paint your own designs to it. I love vintage designs, so for my Popsicle coasters I want my version of vintage roses.

How about this Vintage roses Popsicle Coasters? Do you like this idea? Please feel free to comment about it
Blue vintage roses - Popiscle stick coaster

Yellow vintage roses - Popsicle stick coasters

Orange vintage roses - Popsicle coasters

Green vintage roses - Popsicle stick coasters

I have applied Final varnish to coasters for long lasting.
Popsicle/Ice-cream stick coasters 

1 comment: